Scanned cover of Alien Worlds #6
Fair use rationale in Alien Worlds
Although this image is subject to copyright, it is covered by US fair use laws because:
- The image is only being used in the article about the book (Alien Worlds) for informational and educational purposes.
- Use of the book cover visually identifies the book in a manner that mere prose cannot, and meets all criteria in WP:NFCC.
- This image enhances the article in which it's displayed, as it provides an immediate relevance to the reader more capably than the textual description alone.
- The image is not replaceable with an uncopyrighted or freely copyrighted image of comparable educational value.
- The image is the primary means of visual identification of the article topic.
- The image is a low resolution image of the book cover, in an inferior graphics format (JPEG).
- The image is only a small portion of the commercial product.
- The use of this image will not affect the value of the original work.
- The use of this image will not limit the copyright holder's rights or ability to distribute or make a profit from the original. In particular, copies could not be used to make illegal copies of the book.